IBPC started its operations in Doha in the year 1999 and is established with a written constitution that is a document that has been approved by the General Body of the organization. IBPC works under the aegis of the Embassy of India and is registered as a professional body with the Qatar Financial Center (QFC). A managing committee that represents the General Body’s interests in promoting business and trade between India and Qatar manages IBPC. Since its inception, IBPC has grown in number of members and the business events that it conducts on an annual basis.
To promote trade and commerce and formation of manufacturing and trading joint ventures between India and Qatar and promoting investment in either country on a bilateral basis
To become a trusted partner for Indian companies to do business in Qatar.
Regular features of IBPC are:
- Regular participation in events conducted by Qatar’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry and other local government bodies.
- Business road shows conducted by the state governments of India.
- Partnering with other professional bodies for conducting Indian business and professional events.
- Providing feedback and support through phone and mails to Indian business and professional bodies for any information or logistic support required in Qatar.
- Hosting the FICCI business delegation to Qatar on an annual basis.
- Hosting the CII business delegation to Qatar on an annual basis
IBPC has several membership types categorized by the following:
- General Category Members
- Professional Category Members
- Associated Organizations
- Corporate Members
- Women’s Wing members